Waswaki Technical Solutions Ltd was launched In May 2012, in Nairobi Kenya then later partnered with Netsupport Ltd, a UK based software development company in a move to use IT to improve education in Kenya and East Africa coupled with very little efforts made by IT institutions to fully meet the requirements in the education sector.
TechMoran talked to Paul Ndubi, Manager Waswaki Technical Solutions.
How does it work?
NetSupport School Classroom Management Software is an award-winning classroom management software that enables teachers/tutors/lecturers manage classroom sessions while effectively use the IT infrastructure resource at their disposal i.e. student laptops, tutor laptops/ tablets, school network infrastructure.
1. View student screens in real-time i.e. monitor the entire class in a single view. This can be done via tutor PC, laptop, Tablet or Android phone (non screen view only)
2. Real time audio monitoring i.e Listen to a student’s microphone feed and correct pronunciation, chat or simply engage with each student individually without disrupting the lesson.
3.Real time keyboard monitoring – enable/disable student keyboards as well as ‘target keywords’ for tracking student understanding.
4. Application metering and control – monitor and control all student application usage.
5. Internet metering and control – monitor and control all student internet usage.
6. Real time instruction – show tutor’s screen / specific desktop to selected students. Broadcast a video file to selected students
7.Group or 1:1 chat – Open a discussion session that all or selected students can join, enter their comments and share with the rest of the class
8. Virtual whiteboard – Full page Whiteboard integrated directly within the Tutor supported by a wealth of drawing tools for improved collaboration within the classroom
9. Internet co-browse – Allows a Teacher to open selected websites and synchronise this with the browser on each Student PC. As a Teacher navigates across a website the Student PCs will follow.
10. Learning and testing modules – includes question and answer, student journal, student survey and testing and quiz modules to enable tutors to reinforce key learning points, instantly gauge student understanding, share lesson notes and testing the students.
Platforms, web? Android? iOS etc?
Windows, Chrome, iOS, and Android
What has been your biggest achievement so far?
Launching the mobile platforms to the market i.e. iOS and Android
What problem do you solve?
Classroom management in schools and institutions of higher learning and we are working with Mount Kenya Academy.
What is your business model?
Selling of Office and IT products and solutions, targeting corporate customers as well as institutions of learning.
Microsoft classroom management solutions.
How unique are you from them?
Our core values include provision of speedy and satisfactory services and high level expert advice to best -in-class solutions to meet their needs. We also partner with world leading IT solution providers to give the best and most sought after products to our customers.
Introduction of the new product to the market has had a slow response hence more pre-sales training required hence more resources to invest.
Do you have any future plans?
Yes. We intend to cover other IT areas i.e. Networking and Power protection solutions which is ongoing, Also intending to go regional in-line with the East African Community integration developments.