OLX is the 2nd largest classifieds site in the world present in over 100 countries and in 40 languages. OLX Kenya is the leading classifieds site in Kenya.
To fight competition, OLX leverages on its global capabilities to offer a fast and safe platform accessible on multiple devices from the PC, tablets to mobile. We have refined our capabilities over the years to develop platforms that offer an excellent user experience while selling or buying. OLX also conducts aggressive marketing campaign to strengthen.
TechMoran caught up with OLX Kenya Marketing Manager Priscilla Muhiu, and this is what she told us.
It has a wide network of buyers and sellers.
- OLX.co.ke has a great mobile site and apps for almost any type of phone or tablet so you can use our site while on the go.
- OLX.co.ke provides a platform for Kenyans to easily turn their pre-loved items that they don’t use/need into cash for FREE.
- It’s FREE with no obligations and no surprises.
- It’s fast and easy to use,
- It’s easy to upload photos and has a wide array of categories.
- Anyone who logs into the site can access your ad and if interested, they can contact you free of charge
- You can negotiate, buy and sell in person – no need for credit cards and complicated online payments.
- Selling your stuff on OLX.co.ke is the easiest way to get cash.
What can I do on OLX.co.ke?
- Easily design rich, colorful and engaging ads with pictures (upto 20 photos), videos as well as format your ad by having Bold, italics or underlined text.
- Control your selling, buying and community activity in My OLX
- Access the site from your mobile phone through the mobile site or by downloading the OLX phone app.
- Create an OLX profile complete with photo and personal details. You may also import your profile from Facebook.
- Link your OLX account to Facebook so that your ads will be posted automatically on your Facebook wall.
Any plans for OLX to reach rural folks without internet access?
Unfortunately, OLX is an online classifieds site hence one needs the Internet to access the site.
Kenya has a huge potential for e-commerce given that more than 30% of Kenyans (14mn+) can access the Internet through the mobile phone or PC. This number is growing and we anticipate that more than 50% of the population will have Internet access before the end of the year since the government is set to launch the National broadband strategy
Are there any plans for OLX to go e-commerce?
OLX is a classifieds site and currently, there are no plans to convert the site to an e-commerce platform.
What is in store for users this 2013? Any new features etc?
OLX has over 200 people working on improving the user’s experience to ensure the consumer’s expectations are met. We continuously upgrade the site and the mobile applications to enhance user experience.
Are all listings secure?
Every single posting/advert has to be moderated before it’s published on the site. The moderators look out for ads that don’t seem realistic. However, an ad that looks or seems genuine can also be a sham hence we provide information on how to avoid fraud on the site. We also communicate the same using social media and e-newsletters.