Global mobile financial and VAS solutions provider, Mahindra Comviva, has launched its payPLUS solution, running on its mobiquity® platform to allow businesses and merchants to convert their mobile phone into a Point-of-Sale (POS) device and drive transaction volumes by accepting cards anywhere, anytime.
The payPLUS solution not only equips businesses with an app and a mini-card reader to accept secure card payments but also harnesses the power of cloud technology to extend a range of compelling services to support evolving business requirements.
With built-in cash register capabilities that can be customized as per the business needs, mobiquity® payPLUS solution fulfills the need for a quick and reliable user interface that supports and simpliﬁes POS, billing and reconciliation related activities.
Srinivas Nidugondi, Head of Mobile Financial Solutions at Mahindra Comviva said, “We are excited to launch payPLUS with a clear objective of helping merchants improve customer service and store productivity tremendously. We have built this solution for retail chains, insurance sector, supermarkets, restaurants and any business that has mobility as a driver for retail sales. With the growth of cashless transactions globally, this solution would contribute in accelerating the shift towards cashless economy.”
Presently, the non-cash transactions globally amount to $283 billion; debit cards and credit cards are the biggest driver of these non-cash payments volumes. However, lack of penetration of POS devices and the associated constraints limits card usage. The payPLUS solution will not only enable merchants to conduct business with card and other payments, POS, cash register, etc. but also leverage location based services, to enable merchants to deliver promotional campaigns with offers and discounts to customers, based on their location/ proximity.
· Advance platform compared to a traditional POS, allowing customization or integration with merchant systems
· Mobility – ability to accept credit/debit cards on the go for merchants
· Built-in security to protect customers’ card information
· Cost effective for the acquiring banks/ merchant aggregators
· Great way to improve customer experience by complementing existing payment systems with-in stores.
· Multiple complementary services to help merchants enhance their business performance
· Customizable cash register capabilities to support POS, billing and reconciliation related activities
· Merchant self-care and support options
Benefits to Merchants
· Reduced cash handling expenses
· Faster check-out
· Efficient book-keeping
· Low-cost, portable POS terminal
Benefits to Customers
· Convenience of cashless payments
· Customized offerings
· Location based services
· Merchant locator
· Instant offers and promotions
· Loyalty cards