Samsung has been accused of using heavy handed techniques to silence a report of one of its smartphones overheating.
A YouTube user posted a video where he demonstrated how his Galaxy S4 smartphone caught fire during charging. Although the battery did not explode, it was visibly damaged.
The phone owner then contacted Samsung for a warranty repair, but Samsung responded saying that it would only replace the phone if he also removed the YouTube video first.
Unfortunately, instead of trying to cover up a problem, it has exacerbated it, with the videos now getting far more attention than before Samsung sent the take-down notice.