The ICT Authority (ICTA) has joined hands with the University of Nairobi (UoN) through C4Dlab and are looking into introducing cyber security training in Kenya; hence improving the capacity of Kenyans in the area of Information Security.
This training will prove that the attendee has a good knowledge and understanding of the wide range of subject areas that make up information security and its management. Aspects in the training will include technical risks and corresponding management controls, risk and its management, security standards, people and physical security as well as business continuity.
Upon completion of the course, attendees should gain knowledge and understanding in:
- Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security and its management (confidentiality, integrity, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks, countermeasures, etc)
- Appreciation of the current national policy and legal structure that impact upon information security management
- Awareness of developments of the national and international standards, frameworks and organizations which facilitate the management of information security
- Understanding of the current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate
- A deep understanding of the relevant technical aspects of information security such as attacks, intrusion detection, mobile money security and Hacking USB devices
- Knowledge of the categorization, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics (examples will include computer forensics investigations
“all MDAsare also required to put in place an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that ensures that access to information is appropriately authorized, safeguard the accuracy and completeness of information and processing methods and ensure that authorized users have access to information when they require I,”says ICTA.
The programme is mainly targeted for IT Professionals in government and private sector interested in learning more about Information Security, this include
- Information security professionals
- IT Security Managers
- Cloud Security Professionals
- IT Architects and Administrators
- Risk Assessment Professionals
- Database and Web Developers
- Security Auditors and Compliance Managers
- Network and System Administrator
- Government & Intelligence Agencies interested in real world IT attack and defense
- Technology Risk Assessment Professionals
- Digital Forensics Investigators
- Individuals involved in implementation, testing, security hardening of mobile devices