MTN Business wants your app to win the 2015 App of the Year awards and take home great prizes as well as gain invaluable industry recognition, have serious networking opportunities and get major publicity. The awards will also act as a springboard to help you grow your business.
But to have all this, you have to apply in any of the app categories below. To join any of the categories you’ll have to pay R250.00 (excl. VAT) per app/per category so if you enter into four different categories, you will be invoiced R 1000.00 (excl. VAT). MTN Business App of the Year Awards close on the 22nd of June 2015.
Some of last years winners include MyBelongings, LIVE Inspect,VIGO, iSync Solutions (Pty) Ltd, Zapper, DStv Digital Media, Wildlife Tracker, Rea Vaya among others.
Below is the list of all the categories.
- Best Enterprise
- Media & communications: If your app helps businesses communicate, manage their content, media and social media, it belongs here.
- Ecommerce: Does your app enable business through ecommerce? Can a customer use aspects of your app to pay your client? Does it secure, underpin or drive ecommerce? Enter it here.
- Business solutions & sales: Mobile sales tools, data capture, CRM, and related apps
- Utilities: If your app supports productivity and brings tools to enterprise mobile devices, enter it here.
- Navigation (and geo location apps): Maps, GPS and location-based enterprise apps should navigate their way to this subcategory.
- Best Consumer apps
- Ka-ching: Finance & banking – apps that assist with budgeting, banking, savings, or money tracking would fit here. These are consumer focused apps only, not to be confused with enterprise apps.
- Fun stuff: Entertainment & gaming (incl. kids apps) – apps that entertain or facilitate fun go here. This includes games, keeping the kiddies occupied, and knowing when your fave show is on.
- Share: Media & communications (incl. community & social) – we live in a social media world. Apps that for accessing or collating content, sharing content, connecting with others and getting social fit here.
- Live out loud: Lifestyle (incl. health & fitness, and personal education) – Live your best life. Apps that help you eat better, train harder, cook better, be smarter and learn stuff fit under this heading.
- Get stuff done: Productivity (incl. utilities) – these apps make your daily to dos a breeze. They fulfil a practical need. Torches, diaries, calendars, lists, shopping and email management would all work here.
- Create: Creative apps (incl. Photo & video) – draw, scribble, embellish, doodle, edit, decorate. Apps that let users tap into their inner Annie Leibovitz or Pablo Picasso belong here.
- Best Enterprise Development App: Did your app spring from your company’s enterprise development initiative? Is it part of an incubation programme? Enter it here! This award is for emerging and supported development application projects.
- Best Breakthrough Developer: This one’s for the brave developer who makes things happen, the code master themselves, not just the corporate or development house they work for. This award – a discretionary award that is not open for entry – is given by the judges to celebrate a deserving developer.
- Most Innovative App: This award is also given at the judges’ discretion to apps that invent, innovate, revolutionise, recreate or transform things. Like the overall award, this is not a category that is open for entry.
- Wild Card: Your app is a maverick, a misfit. It refuses to be boxed into a category or labled. Well then, enter it here for the recognition it deserves, even if it defies categorisation.