Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes has announced the top 11 startups that are selected to participate at the Seedstars World pitching event in Luanda, Angola in line with its mission to place the spotlight on entrepreneurs from emerging markets.
The 11 include;
- Tupuca – an online food delivery service.
- Ponto – an online service that helps people to relocate easily to new countries.
- Manifesto – a mobile app that aggregates news relevant for Angolans on their phones.
- Kamputer – the first low cost PC to be built locally for Angolans!
- Ingresso – a technology enabled ticketing platform.
- Wi-Connect – a startup that is making internet free and available for all Angolans.
- Nguimbi – an Afro-centric social network, conceived and developed in Angola.
- Buka – a website that helps people who love to learn find people who love to teach.
- SAP-TECHNOLOGIA – An O2O platform where users can hire local services.
- SOBA – an e-commerce fashion company.
- Kiandastream – a music streaming service focussed on African artists and bands.
The Seedstars World event in Luanda will take place on Friday, July 27th from 4-9PM, tickets are free and attendees can register here.
Seedstars World is travelling to more than 65 countries globally and 20 in Africa this year to identify the best seed-stage entrepreneurs and provide them with an opportunity to win up to USD 1 million and network with investors and mentors from around the world. Its previous participants have raised over USD 61M collectively, providing employment to more than 360 employees worldwide.