Seedstars World, a global early-stage startups competition has announced the 10 startups that will pitch at its event in Accra, Ghana on Sunday, August 21t at Impact Hub Accra, with the winner destined to represent Ghana at the global event in Switzerland.
The event will take place at Impact Hub Accra, F 393/4, Otswe Street (attendees can register here for free) with the startups to pitch to a panel of judges. The top startup will be crowned the most promising seed-stage startup of Seedstars World Ghana 2016. The Ghanaian competition is carried out with the support of local ambassador Impact hub Accra and international partners.
The 10 startups that are selected to participate at the Seedstars World pitching event are:
- HQ Renewable Tech: A startup dedicated to bringing dead and neglected solar and automotive batteries to Life
- GoSun Stove: that is developing clean, safe and practical fuel-free cooking technology to feed the world, while bolstering energy independence and social equity.
- Krinotech Solutions: A web and native mobile application that helps users to save and invest money while making regular calls from their devices.
- Chalkboard Education: This company offers plug-and-play mobile learning solutions that work on any device and without an Internet connection.
- Swappaholics: Enabling individuals and businesses to connect and swap products and services in a social setting without the need for money.
- Cocktail Insights: A social media analytics and marketing tool enabling eCommerce businesses and merchants maximize the returns of their social media marketing.
- SynCommerce: SynCommerce provides you an effective and easy to use tool to manage and synchronize inventory and orders across multiple sales channels.
- TECHAiDE: An all-in one content delivery system that is a low-power, durable device that reaches low-income, Internet free places in the World.
- Landmapp: Landmapp offers affordable land rights documentation for smallholder farmers and builds accurate data profiles to broker additional services.
- Nubian Oryx: Low-cost, low-carbon urban housing in African cities using sustainable earthbag building technology.
All participating startups will also qualify for two major prizes that Seedstars World is running this year:
Together with TRECC Startups in Education qualify for the global “Transforming Education Prize” which will award the best startup in the education space from around the world with a prize of over USD 50,000. In addition, Seedstars World and Intel are collaborating on the “Intel Solutions Challenge” to find the best startups in Hardware, IoT, Cloud and Analytics with the goal of inviting them to a prestigious Demo Day with internal and external partners who will give access to market and funding for the best startups.
The Seedstars World event in Accra will take place on Sunday, August 21st from 4-9PM, tickets are free and attendees can register here.