Global early-stage startups competition has announced the 11 startups that will pitch at its event in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on Sunday, September 16th at Ice Addis, with the winner destined to represent Ethiopia at the global event in Switzerland.
The 11 startups that are selected to participate at the Seedstars World pitching event are:
- Kale General Electronics plc: Innovative and affordable solar based poultry Incubator that facilitates food security and clean energy for homes in rural areas.
- VitaBite Nutrition: A recipe based nutrition communication platform that informs parents about child nutrition in the first 1000 days after birth.
- GurshaRides: A cultural brand-driven ride-share platform that aims to link private car owners to ride seekers and rekindle social bonding.
- Simbir: A mobile payment system that allows anyone to pay bills, buy and sell online and transfer money by using a phone.
- Yeneta (Haletatech Solutions): A specialized management software for educational institutions that takes out the enormous volume of paperwork.
- Abithrone: Company that applies concepts of big data for intelligent farming.
- ZayRide: An on-demand taxi service that connects riders and drivers through smartphone app.
- MelaHub: A web based platform prepared to be customized to different system needs.
- Addistag Systems PLC: An applications that modernizes the distribution of local books through their platform.
- Stavimer: A company that lets anyone discover, enjoy and share local talent in their proximity.
- Hulubet: An online event marketplace and event management system that finds events based on interests and sells and manages tickets.
The event will take place at Ice Addis. Additional support is provided by XHub Addis, VC4Africa, 251 Communications, EastAfrica Gate, Krimson PLC, EIABC, Ethiopian Architects, DesignWeek and AddisInsight.
The event will be held at Ice Addis Addis Ababa on the 16th of September. Attendees can register for free here.