Global early-stage startups competition has announced the 10 startups that will pitch at its event in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania on Saturday, September 24th at Buni Hub, with the winner destined to represent Tanzania at the global event in Switzerland.
The 10 startups that are selected to participate at the Seedstars World pitching event are:
- Bahari Technologies: A software that tracks and manages subscription services.
- PHS (Geek Technologies Limited): PHS stands for Paperless Hospital Systems and is a integrated hospital information management system.
- Mitikaz Inc.: A mobile billing system that enables businesses to create unique bill references and easily accept mobile money payments
- Planbook Inc: A compnay that provides the youth with useful information that will help them plan for their future early through their platform
- Scancode (T) Limited: A company that provices high tech solutions to curb counterfeit ‘fake’ products in the market by involving authorities, brand owners and consumers.
- MCA Technologies: A compnay that focuses on smallholder farmers with the use of sustainable technologie to improve their productivity, while preserving the resource base and the environment
- EcoAct Tanzania: A company that transforms post consumer plastic waste into plastic environmentally friendly plastic lumbers.
- A-Trader (Andrea Consulting): the first online/app based trading platform in Tanzania for trading securities in the local stock market using a mobile device.
- Kilimo Info: A platform that is used to provide agricultural information that are esssential for the agriculutural process development.
- Jamii (EdgePoint Digital Ltd): A mobile micro-health insurance product for the low income and informal sector population at just $1 per month.
All participating startups will also qualify for two major prizes that Seedstars World is running this year:
Together with TRECC Startups in Education qualify for the global “Transforming Education Prize” which will award the best startup in the education space from around the world with a prize of over USD 50,000. In addition, Seedstars World and Intel are collaborating on the “Intel Solutions Challenge” to find the best startups in Hardware, IoT, Cloud and Analytics with the goal of inviting them to a prestigious Demo Day with internal and external partners who will give access to market and funding for the best startups.
Seedstars World startups stand a chance to win USD 1 million and network with investors and mentors from around the world. Its previous participants have raised over USD 61M collectively, providing employment to more than 360 employees worldwide.
To attend the event at Buni Hub register here for free. The Tanzanian competition is carried out with the support of the main partners: Swiss Embassy, TANZICT and local ambassador Buni Hub. Additional support is provided by Anza, Lionesses of Africa and VC4Africa.