Seedstars World, a global startup pitch competition is heading to Zimbabwe for the first time on the October 3oth giving them chance to win up to USD 1 million, with the main prize being a 500.000 USD equity investment prize.
The event will take place at the Dicovereum , with the startups to pitch to a panel of local and international judges, such as Omydiar Network.
The 12 startups that are selected to participate at the Seedstars World pitching event are:
- Zivai: provides web-based and hands on STEM skills in electronics,design and programming to early learners in developing nations.
- Potea: An automated crowd-sourced lost and found network.
- Dr CADx: a computer aided diagnostic system to help doctors diagnose medical images more accurately and save lives.
- Round Technologies: a B2B e-commerce platform that allows tuck-shops to order stock directly from manufacturers, by-passing wholesalers
- MoneySmart: An application that provides Interactive content- budget planner, goal planner, calculators, Web-based content- savings, investment and financial management knowledge.
- PENYA Finance: Inclusive financial services for marginalized youth using an agent-based network approach.
- BizeX: Aiming to making the business startup process easier, efficient and convenient ,bringing together all players into a single online platform
- Road Rules Solutions: A highly interactive and intelligent mobile application revolutionising the way people acquire driver’s licenses in Africa
- Ignite Africa: This company aims to unlock potential for all, using technology as a catalyst through 3D bio-technology.
- iFarm: an access platform connecting Farmers to the entire value chain through apps, drones, sensors, RFID and mobile soil analysis.
- Hurudza Africa: Aims to give smallholders farmers access to affordable tech that increases their yields and revenue.
- Hurukuro: Who is building a mobile cloud first platform for smallholder African farmers to transact, produce and deliver agriproduce smartly.