Global early-stage startups competition has announced the 8 startups that will pitch at its event in Gaborone, Botswana on Friday November 4th at the University of Botswana , with the winner destined to represent the country at the global event in Switzerland.
Seedstars World Botswana competition will be carried out with the support of local lead partner, Stanbic Bank Botswana and local ambassador Thabo Theron, who is representing the initiative throughout the year.
“Seedstars World is an amazing opportunity for the best entrepreneurs of emerging countries to be identified. The selected start-ups “those that will shape our future” will benefit from access to a great network and community, media exposure and overall the opportunity to connect with leading investors.” explains Claudia Makadristo, Associate for Seedstars World
The startups that have been selected to pitch are:
- eShareCard: A smart eCard solution that will revolutionise the way business and consumers interact with each other through mobile technology.
- COLL24: A fast and collaborated health framework for quick response on emergencies and disease outbreak control.
- FarmConnectar: Providing Community driven tech solutions that advances productivity and profitability of small scale farmers through scalable mobile services
- KK: A peer to peer marketplace that connects events organisers and event service providers.
- cinco minds: A company focused on creating entrepreneurship awareness, which entails both theoretical and practical work .
- SeabeAPP (StockLive Botswana Pty Ltd:) a stock market mobile app that has been developed for BSE and enables users access to real time stock prices, track portfolios and trading.
- VGBots (PTY) Ltd.: A mobile-first platform that uses technology and great content to solve many challenges faced by travelers to Botswana.
- Indie Studios Africa: Providing Community driven tech solutions that advance productivity and profitability young creatives through scalable mobile services
The event will be held at the University of Botswana on the 4th of November. Attendees can register for free here: