Startup Connect is an opportunity for Nigerian companies creating the next generation technology solutions for the African market to partner with Union Bank to aid their rapid growth.
The programme is a first of its kind business acceleration programme dedicated to matching technology-enabled startups from all over Nigeria with the Union Bank brand for mutually beneficial collaboration.
Who can participate?
- Technology enabled startups that have gained significant traction and are interested in partnership with Union Bank to scale.
- Traction can be in the number of customers/users, turnover, geographical spread etc.
What are the phases of the Startup Connect?
- Select: Shortlisted startups will be invited to a pitch event
- Develop/Accelerate: Over a 13 week period, selected startups will work with CcHUB and the bank’s staff, apply design thinking to create a usable proof-of-concept prototype that serves a chosen segment of the bank’s customers or clients.
- Deploy/Invest: At the end of the 13 week period, the results will be presented to the appropriate business units of the bank for deployment. Both parties will decide to either share revenue or explore equity investment.
Are there thematic areas of interest for Startup Connect?
- We have a strong interest in technology-enabled startups who are addressing critical social and business challenges in Nigeria looking to scale, leveraging Union Bank’s assets and reach.
Who is organising this?
- The Union Bank Startup Connect is an initiative sponsored by Union Bank. It will be delivered by Co-Creation Hub Nigeria (CCHub)
Deadline: 1st of September, 2017. Click here to apply.