Essay writing poses a challenge to most college students. It is indeed essential for them to be intellectually equipped with the efficient writing skills in order to perfect the art. While many struggle to make their academic papers more appealing, some find it rather easy and enjoy writing essays. There are some who seek the help of essay writing services in order to boost their grades. However, this does not help one to grow and develop as a writer. Though they are given quality work, it is the work of another person hence they do not make use of the efficient academic writing tools used to better the articles. In order to produce quality work and good graded essays it is fundamental to use academic writing tools to ensure that your paper is modified and revised to make it outstanding and exceptional.
Tools to write your academic paper
Regardless of the challenges a majority students encounter when writing essays, there are possible solutions to tackle the difficulty. With the use of the effective and efficient writing tools, it is rather easy to make your paper unique and of high quality. Below are some helpful tools you can use to write your academic paper:
- This is an advanced tool which makes essay writing a bit interesting. It is the best tool for taking notes using any format.
- It allows you to take notes in varying formats which are later synchronized into your account for easy access on any device.
- Additionally, Evernote is effective for organizing your writing and note-taking. This helps make your paper more appealing and easy to read.
- However, you cannot use it when offline to make notes unless you have a premium account.
- Conversely, Evernote is not designed to store large documents.
- Moreover, it helps you gather ideas and information for later use in your essay.
- Libreoffice Writer is an open-source office suite. It acts as an alternative to Microsoft Office and being open-source, it appeals to the security conscious and programmers.
- Its word processor supports older file formats and old school layouts.
- In addition, Libreoffice Writer package grants access to spreadsheets, presentation drawing and math software too.
- It is available for desktop download.
- However, Libreoffice Writer has different features as compared to Microsoft Excel making it rather difficult to use for some students.
- Grammarly is an online spelling and grammar checker tool.
- It is efficient for proofreading and editing your work. It helps correct the spelling mistakes and grammatical errors you may have made when writing your essay.
- Its reliability is that it can also help check for plagiarism.
- Like most of the tools listed here, Grammarly’s disadvantage is that it cannot help you correct semantic errors.
- It provides a clear explanation for every error found on your paper and offers different suggestions you might use to correct the errors.
- Though it is efficient in proofreading and editing of your work, it does not recognize more grammatical and spelling errors than the average built in spell checker on editing.
- Additionally, checking for plagiarism necessitates that you get the premium account.
- Hemingway is a simplified text editor accessible via any web browser.
- It identifies sentences which are difficult to read and places where you have used passive voice in your text.
- Additionally, it highlights long sentences and common grammatical errors using colors making them easier for you to notice.
- Hemingway also spots excessive and unnecessary use of vocabulary.
- Using Hemingway will enable you to communicate clearly with your audience through the good quality of your work.
- One of the disadvantages of using Hemingway is that it cannot help you correct semantic errors.
- You do not have to download it to use it.
- Additionally, it grades you based on the readability of your work.
- The disadvantage of Hemingway is that it does not recommend the use of adverbs and it spots them easily and renders them as errors.
- As the name suggests, this is a tool which helps you focus on writing your paper.
- It allows you to avoid being distracted when writing your article online.
- It is designed in a way to help you exclude distractions which deter you from focusing on your essay. Focuswriter enables you to hide other distractive applications which easily divert your attention.
- Moreover, it helps you keep track of your progress.
- Moreover, it is available for Windows, Linux and OS X making it able to use on different devices.
- It is disadvantageous in that it only saves text files.
In conclusion, to produce a quality and appealing article, it is fundamental to make use of writing tools. They help you write an attractive paper in any format you want. Moreover, they are the core in having a blue print of your essay. They make your paper appear more pleasing to your audience.