On 29th June, 2018, 9 startups of Zimbabwe’s best seed stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Seedstars Summit in Switzerland and win up to USD 1 million in equity investments and other prizes. Seedstars World, with the support of the local host Impact Hub Harare, Seedstars will be holding a dynamic pitch event on 29, June 2018.
The top startups to advance to the finals are:
- Futuremed: a first of its kind primary health center that harnesses the power of technology to bring the best quality health care to the underserved.
- Justice Today: A mobile application that protects citizens from crime and utilizes artificial intelligence to educate citizens on the steps to take when victimized.
- Leaph: An Academic Management System that leverages Data Science and Machine Learning to improve academic performance.
- ParcelTip: A peer to peer delivery startup exploring the sharing economy movement in the logistics and travel industry.
- Renewable Loop Private Limited: A cleantech company that merges people-centered design with affordable energy solutions, by developing holistic energy solutions to meet the daily energy needs of millions of people in Zimbabwe and beyond.
- Rera online farm: A platform that enables retail consumers to farm their own chickens and save up to 40% from buying poultry produce without having to own the infrastructure of a chicken farm.
- Vote Africa: A mobile application that aims to educate, motivate and empower the electorate to fully own the electoral process and hold government accountable.
- Wellnescript Solutions: A pioneering wellness and digital health startup in Africa that empowers individuals, families, companies and communities to experience more happiness and enjoy the gift of life.
- YouFarm: A Zimbabwean company that provides collateral free funding for farmers via the YouFarm Crowd Farming Platform, allowing people to become part of the agriculture value chain by letting them invest in crops and livestock and then share the profits with the Farmer when the produce goes to market.