Ever since it was first introduced to the market, led stair lights have found its way to many establishments. You can see them everywhere from, nightclubs, bars, and even some homes.
Most homeowners or business owners add led stair lights to their homes or businesses for added safety. Especially in places like bars or nightclubs, there’s no denying that some of the patrons may be in[prebriated. The last thing you want is for someone to get into an accident while going up or down the stairs, which can happen if they are not lighted. That can be remedied by installing led lights. With led stair lights, it is safer and will cost you less because they do not have to be changed regularly.
Here are some tips you must follow if you are planning to install LED stair lights.
- Prioritize the safety of the working area – make sure that the area is prepared when you start working on installing the led stair lights. First, you must inspect the wiring of your establishment to check that it is still compliant with the National Electric Code. Also, make sure that the fuse box is closed when you start installing. You don’t want anyone to get shocked and sent to the hospital while you are working.
- Don’t hurry the process – while installing led stair lights can be done quickly, you should still not rush the project. Make sure that you allot enough time so that it is not rushed. You want to make sure it is done properly, that there will be no wiring protruding and that your led stair lights are firmly in place.
- Make sure you understand the basics of electrical wiring – if you are going to do the installing yourself, don’t attempt to do anything without at first doing your research. Installing led lights is not like installing a mirror or a wall painting. Because you are working with electrical wiring, so you need and whoever will help you must understand the basics.
- Choose the style of your led stair lights carefully – there are many styles and colors that you can choose from. With the right lighting and color, the mood of the area can drastically change. Try out different levels of brightness to check and see that you’ve achieved the look you were looking for. This is especially crucial for business establishments, you want to add color to your stairs, but you want to make sure it won’t clash with the present interior design that you have.
5. Get professionals to do the work for you-you do not have to try and learn how to do the installation yourself. If you are in doubt about your skills, it’s better to call a professional electrician to do it for you. Doing it yourself may result in an untoward accident, not only for you but the people who will work with you. It’s better to be safe than sorry so better hand it over to someone who really knows what he is doing.