On July 6th, 8 of Morocco’s best seed stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Seedstars Summit in Switzerland and win up to USD 1 million in equity investments and other prizes. The event will be held with the support of the local host LaFactory.
Last year’s winning startup representing Morocco at the Seedstars World competition in Switzerland was Hooplacar with their innovative solution to connects brands with drivers to create on-vehicle advertising campaigns, live monitored through GPS tracking and marketing KPIs.
The top startups to advance to the finals are:
- Indatacore: SkyAnalytics is solution based on data science, document analysis and facial biometric recognition.
- Medtrucks: makes health reachable for all by deploying medical mobile units and mapping tools.
- Popaddress: a marketplace for renting short term retail spaces.We connect brands and businesses with landlords for short term space rental.
- Tripblan SARL: Steemit for Travel, travel guides, itineraries and packages based on the experiences of like-minded friends and travelers
- UnitedCoin: Banks make billions of dollars a year using your money. You receive nothing. UnitedCoin is bank services with monthly member rewards.
- Valenvi: We provide eco friendly solutions to manage and recycle waste at offices and we design and manufacturer recycling bins
- Weego – Transit App: is a collaborative app that allows all it’s users to move easily with public transit.
- ZELIJ INVENT: produce construction products such as pavers and floor tiles using a new formula based on 80% of plastic waste,
Seedstars World is closely working with OCP group and Avito.ma, in order to deliver the best possible event and to provide local entrepreneurs with this opportunity.
“OCP is supporting Seedstars Initiative is part of the efforts of OCP promoting and fostering the Moroccan entrepreneurial Ecosystem by promoting local entrepreneurs exposition to the international entrepreneurial ecosystem, the international markets and investment capital.” says Outmane El Hassani, Director at OCP Entrepreneurship Network.
The startups will pitch in front of a jury that consists of Mehdi Ghorfi, Partner at PGSInvest, Omar Laalej, Senior Investment Manager at Africinvest, Outmane El Hassani, Director at OCP Entrepreneurship Network, Ghassouli Zakaria, CEO at Avito.ma, Aziz Oujdi,Country Managing Director at Seedstars.
Seedstars World, the largest seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes.