The Social Innovators Programme & Awards (SIPA) is LEAP Africa’s platform for showcasing, empowering and equipping young change makers with requisite skills and effective tools for building sustainable enterprises. Over the past four(4) years, LEAP Africa with the support of Union Bank Nigeria and other corporate sponsors, have enabled these young change makers transition their social change ideas into scalable social enterprises.
During a programme cycle, 20 social entrepreneurs selected from a pool of applicants,
participate in activities outlined for the fellowship year. The initiatives of Fellows cover various aspects of the society, such as Agriculture, Youth Empowerment, Education, Science & Technology, Health, Law, Human Rights, among others.
Fellows are empowered through series of training sessions (physical and online), mentorship, provision of local & international funding and partnership opportunities. These activities culminate into an award ceremony where outstanding Fellows are rewarded with seed grants and showcased.
Who should Apply
We are seeking applications from budding social entrepreneurs who would be available and willing to participate in the various activities outlined for the fellowship year. The 2018/2019 fellowship cycle begins in November 2018 and ends November 2019. An ideal SIP fellow should be:
- Youth between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation located in Nigeria.
- Applicants who have been involved in operating their project/enterprise beyond 12 months prior to the commencement of the Fellowship.
In our review of applications, we will be looking for the following:
- Level of creativity/innovation applied in their entrepreneurial approach towards social change.
- Experience mobilizing people and resources to achieve set goals.
- Motivation for application: Applicants must give compelling reasons why they would like to participate in the fellowship programme and also show a strong desire to increase the impact of their change initiative.
- Demonstrate a passion for social change and active participation in community building.
Applicants should complete and submit the online application form.
Shortlisted applicant will be required to provide the following to make the final list:
i) Valid Government issued identification.
ii) Evidences (photographs, videos, fliers, publications etc.) of past project implemented by the organization.
All applicants must fill the application form and submit via the link provided below on or before 12:00noon, Friday 13th of July 2018.