Seedstars World will be holding a dynamic pitch event on 24th August 2018 in Kampala, Uganda in close partnership with Outbox Hub, in order to deliver the best possible event and to provide local entrepreneurs with this opportunity. Further supported is provided by Merck, Seedstars Regional Partner in Africa.
Seedstars Kampala was previously represented by Numida with their innovative solution to build the trusted suite of business and financial products in order for MSMEs in Africa to thrive.
The top startups to advance to the finals are:
- 2ambale Limited: A mobile solution to get what to wear from stores around the city within an hour at no extra cost.
- Agro Supply Uganda Limited: Financing agricultural technologies through mobile micro savings.
- Bringo Fresh Deliveries Ltd: A solution behind farmers accessing an organised market for their fresh produce.
- CoinPesa Ltd: A digital currency exchange built for the emerging markets users.
- Digi Health Limited: A data collection and report generating mobile app that is improving data management for community health workers.
- Mallan Co. Limited: With YakaKo Pay product, an emergency payment option for the users to enjoy uninterrupted electricity usage. YakaKo Pay is Electricity/Power on Credit.
- Medical Street International Co. Ltd: An online eCommerce platform offering a wide range of medical supplies & products to health consumers at affordable prices
- OlyCash: A simple, affordable and scalable payment tool for use in local and international ecommerce and non-physical cash settlements.
- Quest Digital Finance: The easiest credit access to farmers and traders Using Sacco’s by mobile and web based tools that fit the needs of the local communities
- DIGITAL HEALTH ACCESS: A platform that connects people to health professionals and providers via a mobile and web app.