Agro Supply Uganda Limited, a platform that facilitates financing agricultural technologies through mobile micro savings, was selected “Best startup in Uganda” for its innovative sustainable solution.
“As the Seedstars winner from Uganda we are thrilled and happy to present our Solution to the world and this is an opportunity for us to shine” explains Ogwal Joseph, founder and CEO of Agro Supply Uganda Limited.
As a part of the prize, Agro Supply Uganda Limited will be participating at the Seedstars Summit, taking place in Switzerland in April 2019. It is a weeklong training program which includes the opportunity to meet the other 65+ winners from other fast growing economies, as well as investors and mentors from around the world. The final day of the Summit is dedicated to pitching in front of an audience of more than 1000 attendees, with the possibility of winning up to USD 1 million in equity investment.
CoinPesa Ltd, with its digital currency exchange built for the emerging markets users came second and Bringo Fresh Deliveries Ltd a solution behind farmers accessing an organised market for their fresh produce grabbed the last spot in the top 3. The other startups invited to pitch were:
- 2ambale Limited: A mobile solution to get what to wear from stores around the city within an hour at no extra cost.
- Digi Health Limited: A data collection and report generating mobile app that is improving data management for community health workers.
- Mallan Co. Limited: With YakaKo Pay product, an emergency payment option for the users to enjoy uninterrupted electricity usage. YakaKo Pay is Electricity/Power on Credit.
- Medical Street International Co. Ltd: An online eCommerce platform offering a wide range of medical supplies & products to health consumers at affordable prices
- OlyCash: A simple, affordable and scalable payment tool for use in local and international ecommerce and non-physical cash settlements.
- Quest Digital Finance: The easiest credit access to farmers and traders Using Sacco’s by mobile and web based tools that fit the needs of the local communities
- DIGITAL HEALTH ACCESS: A platform that connects people to health professionals and providers via a mobile and web app.
The local Ambassador of Seedstars World, Solomon Opio, organized the event with Seedstars World’s local partners Outbox Hub. The event attracted interest from over 77 startups, and over 120 attendees.
Continuing on its world tour of startup scenes in emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes, Seedstars World’s next stop is Dakar at Headquarter of SONATEL, to select the best startup in Senegal. Seedstars World is looking for smart startups that solve regional issues and/or develop profitable products for the global market.