On Friday 7th of September, during Seedstars Dakar, SUDPAY won the Senegal round of Seedstars World and will represent the country at the Seedstars Summit in Switzerland to compete for up to USD 1 million in equity investment.
The local winner, SUDPAY, allows municipalities to mobilize more revenue by digitizing the collection of local taxes and financially including merchants, was selected the best startup in Senegal for its innovative sustainable solution. “I’m really happy to have won this edition, I really did not expect it. But it’s also an opportunity for me to represent my country at the seedstars World summit in Lausanne and deploy my solution,” explains Samba Sow CEO of SUDPAY.
As a part of the prize, Sudpay will be participating at the Seedstars Summit, taking place in Switzerland in April 2019. It is a weeklong training program which includes the opportunity to meet the other 65 winners from other fast growing economies, as well as investors and mentors from around the world. The final day of the Summit is dedicated to pitching in front of an audience of more than 1000 attendees, with the possibility of winning up to USD 1 million in equity investment.
LIVES, with its new ways of exploring African cities, culture and people but also helping people to find good plan and best activities ever, came second and PAPS, an urban logistics service for businesses and retailers based in Africa who needs to collect or send parcels across the country, grabbed the last spot in the top-three. The other startups invited to pitch were:
- Loyset: solve the Senegal big problem of losing documents like ID cards, passports, bank cards, etc. With the help of application and partners.
- mTick: est une plate-forme simple qui permet aux clients d’obtenir leur billet avec ou sans internet et de payer par téléphone mobile en Afrique.
- MusikBi: is a application whose main focus is the promotion of Entertainment and Media industry through digital platforms.
- OniriQ: is a Franco-Senegalese startup that provides off-grid African populations with access to solar energy and digital contents.
- Sunubus: is a collaborative and predictive mobile application (with artificial intelligence) of bus location and transport lines
- Shopkeepers in Dakar no longer use notebooks to keep track of their clients’ debts, instead they save them on the weebi tablet.