Ten startups from Cape Town’s startup scene have been selected to compete at the fourth edition of Seedstars Cape Town for a chance to represent the country at the Seedstars Africa Summit and the global Seedstars Summit in Switzerland.
Besides representing South Africa at the Seedstars Regional Summit, the winner of the South Africa finals will win an all-inclusive trip to Switzerland, to compete at the Seedstars Summit for the title of Seedstars Global Winner and up to USD one million in equity investments and other prizes.
South Africa was previously represented by EMG Technologies with their innovative solution which is a mobile and web-based medicines and treatment platform for medical professionals.
The top startups to advance to the finals are:
- DealZapp (Pty) Ltd: a location-based self-service special offers’ platform that will entice customers into your shop and give customers the closest and best deals.
- GreenFingers Mobile: enables access to market and finance for small farmers through a digital platform replacing traditional pen and paper management systems
- JOBJACK: an online marketplace for entry-level jobs – disrupting the status quo
- Jumpin Rides (Pty) Ltd: an urban mobility platform providing a commuting service to make easier, cheaper and safer transport in South Africa
- Kuba: partners with small business owners to bring them digital tools that help them access new markets as well as streamline their operation
- Slide Financial: offers white-label digital wallets and easy-to-use payment APIs used by businesses to create sharing-economy or investment app.
- HouseME: connects tenants to residential landlords, providing letting services for a fraction of agency fees. The Airbnb for long-term lets.
- Digs Connect: Africa’s largest student accommodation marketplace. Find a room close to your campus.
- Tutor Roots: A reliable, secure and convenient way to get an approved tutor for 1-on-1 lessons in the comfort of your own home.
- Vibescout: the easiest way to discover things to do near you.