Ten startups from Johannesburg’s startup scene have been selected to compete at the fourth edition of Seedstars Johannesburg for a chance to represent the country at the Seedstars Africa Regional Summit and the global Seedstars Summit in Switzerland.
With the support of the local host Tshimologong Digital Innovation Precinct, Seedstars World will be holding a dynamic pitch event on November 2nd, which is the second leg to choose the country’s Best Startup.
Besides representing South Africa at the Seedstars Regional Summit, the winner of the South Africa finals will win an all-inclusive trip to Switzerland, to compete at the Seedstars Summit for the title of Seedstars Global Winner and up to USD one million in equity investments and other prizes.
South Africa was previously represented by EMG Technologies with their innovative solution which is a mobile and web-based medicines and treatment platform for medical professionals.
The top startups to advance to the finals are:
- Busymed: links local pharmacies in one place for consumers to conveniently search, find and buy medicine (prescription & non-prescription) and have it delivered where ever they are.
- Franc Group: is a self-insurance platform that offers customers the opportunity to grow their wealth and manage their personal risk.
- Frugily: a retail tech startup that aims to assist shoppers to spend their money smarter by keeping track of their basket size in relation to their budget in grocery stores, create shopping lists and view shopping history across different retail chains.
- Kenai: is a visitor and worker management solution that uses facial recognition to facilitate the fastest and most secure sign-in possible.
- Maxicash: a financial support ecosystem built around remittance and payments for the African Diaspora to support their families financially.
- Necta: ONE app, unlimited events. Necta is an open platform for exhibitors at any event (expo, market, conference) to generate leads in an automated way.
- Prospa: a mobile savings wallet for the 10 million low-income earning South Africans.
- Sendeddy Technologies (Pty) Ltd: an on-demand delivery platform that drives down the costs of moving anything from an envelope to large machinery and equipment.
- Snapslip: “Snapslip is a digital receipting and analytics application, that eradicates paper receipts by sending these receipts digitally to a customers profile within the application.
- Uthini: a language learning platform that connects busy professionals who need to learn a language to people who can speak it using a structured learning path and chatbot technology.