If one of your resolutions for the New Year is to save, then you should try couponing.
Coupons are generally incredible when it comes to scoring huge discounts on grocery supplies, clothes, electronics, and other household items.
For starters, you may find it wise to use manufacturer coupons. From the name, these deals originate from the product manufacturer and are accepted in a majority of stores.
To get the most out of these coupons, you have to learn the secrets of extreme couponing. Here’s a quick guide to get you started:
It’s important to know where you can get the best manufacturer coupons before you can rush to the store. Here are some of the top options to consider:
- : You can visit the manufacturer site as often as possible or subscribe to their newsletters so as to be informed when the right coupons are on offer.
- : Sites such as CouponCause, Kellogg’s, RedPlum, Right at Home, and Stonyfield have unlimited manufacturer coupons that you can print to use at applicable stores.
- : Mobile apps like iBotta, Ebates, and Checkout51 are amazing options to consider.
- : Most manufacturers put coupons in the Sunday Newspapers, so it’s important to be on the lookout.
- : Some manufacturers put coupons in their local magazines. You should look for them. Great options are magazines like Red Book, Good Housekeeping, and All You.
There are two main reasons why you should organize your coupons. First, it allows you to monitor the expiry date of the coupons so that you don’t miss on the chance to redeem any of them. Secondly, it saves you time when going shopping.
Since the coupons are well arranged based on category or using the A-Z format, you can easily access them. You can use the following to organize them:
You need to at least know what the average price of the items that you are planning to save on is. This will help you know if a manufacturer coupon offer is a great deal or not.
The other price point that you need to know is the deal price. It’s usually lower than the average price and you need to take advantage of it before the next sale.
Lastly, you should know the stock-up price as this is where the fun of couponing is. It’s the lowest price that you can pay for an item.
For every manufacturer coupon that you get, you should find a complementary store coupon. This is what coupon stacking is all about. It’s a key strategy for extreme couponing since it guarantees you massive savings on household items.
When your coupon surpasses an item’s sale price, the effect is called an overage. In most stores, the overage is passed to a different item instead of getting a cashback. The advantage is that you can stack as many coupons as you want to enjoy it. It’s a great idea if you are looking to save on groceries.
It’s not so often that a store will allow you to use two different coupons on a single purchase. When such a day comes, you have to take advantage of it. You can get the notification through newspaper subscriptions or by directly inquiring at your local stores.
The more you understand the secrets of using manufacturer coupons, the higher the chances of making huge savings. With the above guide, you can start leveraging the power of these discount deals. This will help significantly in realizing your new year’s saving resolution.