For a local business that wants to find a larger audience and increase its customer base without spending megabucks, blogger outreach is a great way to get quality leads with a high rate of conversion. If you’re new to blogger outreach, it is the process of connecting with popular bloggers and social media influencers that appeal to your target audience and collaborating with them for the promotion of your products or services.
According to OutreachMonks, Link building can help you gain a stronger foothold online and improve your brand recognition by placing your products right in front of your potential customers. Here are five tips to help you make the most of your first blogger outreach campaign.
- Blogger outreach is based on a simple aspect of human nature. When an influencer endorses your product, his or her followers become curious about the product. They want to know more about it and are motivated to buy it. This, in turn, gets you more customers and increases your sales over time, provided your blogger outreach strategy was impeccably planned and executed.
- For your blogger outreach efforts to pay results, you need to spend time knowing your target audience—the industry influencers they follow, where they spend most of their time online, and the type of content format that appeals most to them. Next, curate a list of the high-traffic blogs and websites that would be a good fit for your brand. This is where manual outreach comes in the picture. You need to manually connect with each of these bloggers/site owners to get their attention.
- According to industry experts, manual blogger outreach is the way forward for businesses that want to stay relevant as the digital customer evolves and becomes more selective about their choice of social influencers. With manual outreach, you can handpick the affiliate marketers, thought leaders and influencers that are a great fit for your brand, and build lasting relationships with those partners.
- The next step is to craft personalized email messages—digital influencers get scores of emails every day, so steer clear of the cookie-cutter approach. Learn more about the person you’re writing to, come up with a beguiling subject line, and send an email that will genuinely get them interested in collaborating with you. If they don’t reply, send a gentle reminder but don’t bombard the blogger with multiple messages.
- Last but not least, don’t run after the most popular bloggers who have their hands full with the big brands. Look for niche bloggers with a good fan following and a sound reputation to boot.
For someone who’s never done this before, the first step of finding the right bloggers can itself get daunting and dampen their enthusiasm. The initial research itself can take several hours and even days if you don’t know what you’re looking for. To save both time and money, you can take the smarter route and hire a good digital agency that specializes in industry-specific blogger outreach.