Quality is of paramount importance in the mobile development process. To transform an idea into a robust application, it is necessary to have highly talented team members. They are the only one who can build a successful and well-functioning application for mobile. A mobile development team is made up of designers, developers, and, most importantly, strategists. Finding the right people and putting together a team to drive success is not that easy. If you are in a situation when you have to create a team from scratch, you are in the right place. Start your app journey right now.
Understand the basic roles in a mobile app development team
Mobile application development is a complex process that requires individuals to work together, be on the same page, and deliver quality results. The project will move forward only if the key team members are in place and respect their duties. Software projects are not child’s play, so they require careful planning. Identify and document the roles and responsibilities for your project. Here are some of the roles that are important when it comes to a mobile application development team:
· Project manager – This is the person who is in charge of the planning and execution of the software project. The project manager reports directly to the customer or the authorized representative. They have the responsibility to streamline the development process, making sure it runs smoothly from beginning to end.
· Designers – They create the user interface, which is the most important part of the mobile app. Designers are the ones who determine how the user will experience the software program. A designer can help with tasks like marketing and branding. They can even create the logo for the application.
· Technical writers – The technical writer transfers information between two or more parties. As far as mobile app development is concerned, the professionals handle the technical documentation. The focus is on the documents required in the production process by system integrators, sales people, service technicians etc.
· Developers – They offer chief support. Developers write the code and design the product’s inner architecture so that it meets functional requirements. Basically, they handle the technicalities of the application. To create a winning mobile application, you will most certainly need a team of experts and backend developers to handle the programming and all the rest.
Finding the right people for the project
It does not matter if you are a startup, an established company or a digital agency. You need a team that works well for you. Finding skilled IT experts is not easy, as the demand continues to increase and the advancement of digitalization has reached almost all sectors of activity. The good news is that bigger is not always better when it comes down to developers and programmers. When staffing a software development project, you have roughly two options:
1. Hire your own in-house team
If you hire professionals to work for you around the clock, you will enjoy a great many benefits. The experts put time and effort into the work, that is, your idea, and the outcome is bound to be successful. The in-house team ensures the flawless execution of the project. Take the time to find the right people to become part of your team. This is a great solution in terms of ongoing product development. Unless you are capable of providing a good working environment, not to mention technical facilities, you’d better abandon the activity.
2. Hire a dedicated development team
A dedicated development team works for you on a full-time basis and is perfectly suitable for a long-term project. The specialists are chosen according to your demands for their skills and experience. The IT professionals are vetted by their employers, which is a plus. Agility is one of the main advantages of hiring a dedicated development team. The specialists from the outside deliver the mobile application on time and within the budget which is advantageous if the requirements or priorities happen to change. Continuous communication is possible thanks to tools like Skype or Asana. If you take into consideration the ROI and efficiency, this option is the best one.
Qualities to look for in mobile app development team
You have a clear vision for the mobile development project. In order to get closer to making your vision become a reality, hire the right people. Even if you already have a software engineering team in place, you will want to make sure that they can make the project popular and financially successful. What are the qualities that you should be looking for in a mobile app development team? Keep on reading to find out:
· Expertise – Technical skills are important for many reasons. The project involves the use of various tools and programs, in addition to knowledge of the specific processes. What you need is people who have acquired and gained expertise in carrying out digital or physical tasks. Dedicated software developers have the necessary skill set, so you can assign them to work on any area of the project. How experience the team members should have individually and as a team depends on what you are looking for.
· Culture and ability to communicate – Take into account the organizational culture. A good hire is 75 percent soft skills and 25 percent technical skills. Outsourcing implies a trusting relationship where understanding is everything. Find people that you can easily communicate with and with whom you can get along. Make sure that the software development process will be highly enjoyable.
· Quality and commitment – You need to have guarantee that the team of experts is completely dedicated to the project. If the project is held in high records, then the job will be finished in a professional manner. Besides full attention to the project, you will want quality assurance. The developed software needs to meet the desired quality levels. After the processes have been defined and implemented, the team has the responsibility to correct the weaknesses and continually improve the process.
Soon, you will your own trustworthy mobile application development team. Mobile app development is a complex process, so the parts involved in the project matter.