Most Android apps in the Kenyan market are insecure, leaving customer and corporate data exposed to hackers and malicious data miners.
Speaking at a Sage event today, Dr. Bright Mawudor, a cyber security analyst speaking on security of cloud business management solutions said, “70 Percent of Kenyan Android apps are not secure, especially some the mobile lending apps. Use them at your own risk. Every single minute in Kenya, banks are losing over Ksh.50,000 to hackers.”
To remain secure, Mawudor urged corporate firms, startups and SMEs not to risk their own and their client’s data but instead they could secure their enterprise systems using softwares from reliable and established firms. One of the reasons firms turned to insecure softwares is affordability which Sage has addressed with its various packages.
Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional which was launched sometime back across key African territories including Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa offers medium-sized businesses a secure, easy-to-use, and legislatively compliant payroll solution that runs in the cloud.
This announcement represents a significant step forward in the Sage Business Cloud product strategy for Africa. Sage Business Cloud is cloud-ready suite that follows the journey of a business from start-up, to scale-up, through to enterprise, across accounting, payments and payroll & HR.
Sage provides full product support and training in the subscription cost for the product for all companies that adopt Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional. Powerful migration tools and world-class support mean that it has never been easier for businesses to move their payroll to the cloud.
“Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional helps medium-sized businesses to thrive in the face of growing complexity by simplifying and transforming the way they run their payroll operations,” says Pieter Bensch, Executive Vice-President for Sage Africa & Middle East.
“They can pay their employees quicker and easier, with the full assurance that they are 100%-compliant with tax legislation. With less administration and more visibility into their business, they can become more productive and make quicker decisions.”
Representing an evolution of the Sage HR & Payroll suite used and trusted by many mid-sized and large enterprises throughout Africa, Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional offers Sage customers the benefit of a stable, reliable platform together with secure cloud and mobile access.
Features in Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional include:
- True cloud payroll solution allows customers to work from wherever they have access to an Internet connection.
- Full compliance with the latest tax law and regulations in major African markets.
- Data is stored securely in the cloud.
- Easy-to-use interface, which will be familiar to Sage HR & Payroll users.
- Automatic updates ensure clients always have access to the latest features and that their software is up-to-date with the latest laws and regulations.
- Simplified migration process makes it easy for users of Sage HR & Payroll solutions to move their data to the Sage Business Cloud.
- Standard reports can be viewed on screen, printed, or downloaded to provide visibility into payroll trends and to make it easy to share information.
- Extensive selection of add-on modules allow customers to scale Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional into a full human capital management solution.
In addition to the core payroll features, customers have the flexibility to extend Sage Business Cloud Payroll Professional with add-on modules, including:
- General Ledger
- Leave Management
- Personnel History
- Employee Skill
- Employment Equity
- InfoSlips electronic payslips
- Sage Pay for salary and wage payments
- Job Costing
“Your payroll is with you, wherever you go, while all your data is automatically backed up and secured in the cloud,” says Bensch. “Payroll is made easy as you grow your business, with intuitive real-time reporting and business intelligence tools allowing you to make quick decisions, increase productivity, and save your organisation time and money.”