Hello Tractor and BuuPass have been declared winners of the Bosch Africa Smart Mobility Start-up competition 2019.
The start-ups have won $15,000 each and a three-month acceleration program from Bosch.
Hello Tractor connects users to tractors and tractors to the world. It offers technology for smarter, better maintained, and more profitable tractors now powered by artificial intelligence for better and faster decision making while BuuPass is solving real everyday problems by making simple and powerful solutions. Their idea was born in response to the 2016 Hult Prize Challenge (www.hultprize.com) a global student competition for social entrepreneurship, which launches students into developing scalable business models in order to solve global challenges. The BuuPass team is motivated by the idea of transforming inefficient transport systems into a catalyst for growth and impact, in order to connect people to opportunities.
According to Roo Rogers, CEO of Founders Factory Africa: “We are incredibly proud to be selected and trusted by Bosch. There are enormous opportunities within the mobility and transportation space in Africa, and a rising number of exciting businesses that are solving challenges in this sector. We are happy to be able to showcase some of these through our collaboration with Bosch.”
The 10 early-to-growth stage start-ups should be in connectivity and IoT solutions, vehicle renting and ride sharing, city infrastructure, logistics and distribution, clean energy and electric vehicles, and insurance and data tracking systems.
The top ten finalists will showcase their smart mobility solutions in Johannesburg, South Africa on 4 November 2019. Bosch will give them technology and product design support, access to data and analytics as well as access to its network of customers and piloting and testing facilities.
- Bonang.ai- a Telematics platform offering a comprehensive range of road attributes, speed limit data and traffic flow information give accurate driver risk profiling for usage-based insurance.
- Bwala-a last mile crowd sourcing order fulfillment network is designed to connect fleet operators with manufacturers , vendors and e-commerce companies to easily position products closer to end customers for a fast, convenient, inexpensive and reliable order-to-delivery end to end experience.
- Dronamics who have created a solution to make delivery of purchased items more efficient.
- Hovo all the way from Egypt with a logistics and distribution focused #SmartMobility digital platform solution.
- Mobility is a Senegal based start-up who have been running for 1 year! They’re providing a platform empowers customers and creates visibility for service providers in the automotive aftermarket… Did you know that Bosch is involved in the Automotive Aftermarket?
- Moja Ride a multimodal transportation app, have created a solution based on a challenge identified in Cote d’Ivore. Their solution gives ride options for various affordability levels and even rewards those traveling in an environmentally friendlier manner
- Motolix shared their solution and showed us how car owners can give their ride a voice!
- Naviafleet excellently shared their smart fleet management solution. Another solution invented for an African life!!
- ParkCrowdy from Nigeria with a parking solution invented for life!!!
Off to marketplace for networking and attendees to learn more about the start-ups and then the moment of truth will be upon us.