HMD Global has announced that the Nokia 2.2 smartphone will upgrade to Android 10 in Kenya starting today.
The update Android 10 on the Nokia 2.2 bring a total of seven (7) Nokia Smartphones running on the latest OS from Android.
Android 10 upgrade on Nokia 2.2 brings AI driven innovation such as on-driven machine learning that brings with it smart reply feature enabling your phone to get better the more you use it. The upgrade also brings with it more intuitive gestures allowing you to navigate backwards and forwards, pull up your home screen and swipe up to see open applications. It also comes with the much anticipated Dark theme which swaps interface colours for darker tones making it easier on your eyes when using your phone in low light.
Key features of Android 10
· Dark Mode – this will be available on the entire system, making it easier on your eyes
· Smart Replies – this will be available on all messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc. Also 65 new emojis come in this new OS.
· Incognito mode for Google Maps – Maps gains a private-search mode, you can now search for and navigate places without having data saved and linked back to you.
· Focus mode – This a Digital Wellbeing tool that helps users focus without distraction. You select apps that you want to avoid using during a period of time.
· New Gesture Navigation – Gestures are now quicker and more intuitive than ever. Go backwards and forwards, pull up the home screen and swipe up to see your open apps.
· New Privacy Controls and enhanced location settings – enabling users to have more control over the data they share with apps.
· Live Caption – With a single tap, Live Caption automatically captions videos, podcasts and audio messages, even things you record yourself. Without ever needing WiFi or mobile data.
· Security Updates – In Android 10, you’ll get faster security updates easier. Important Security and Privacy fixes can now be sent directly to your phone from Google Play, just the same way all your other apps update. So you get these fixes as soon as they are available.