Sometimes to get the best video watching experience, you will need to have your video in the perfect size and aspect ratio. When the video is not in the correct aspect ratio, it can cause the video not to play at all or be displayed incorrectly, especially when you are watching such a video on a different screen or different device.
Also, when you are uploading your videos to certain platforms, such as the different social media platforms that we have, you may need to change the size of the video for the best display result. Therefore, in order to make your videos fit perfectly to different types of device screens and social platforms, you will need a reliable video resizer tool to make the job easier for you.
It is possible to resize videos and change their aspect ratios to enable you to upload them to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media sites. You only need an excellent tool that will help you resize the videos to the specific size required by each platform. In this post, I will be showing you how you can freely resize your videos with Wondershare UniConverter without any stress or the fear of losing the quality of the videos.
But before I tell you more about UniConveter and how you can use it to perfectly resize your videos, let’s take a quick look at some important things you need to consider when resizing your videos.
3 Important Things to Consider When Resizing Videos
- The Aspect Ratio
Before resizing your video, it is important you consider the aspect ratio of the screen on which the video will be seen. For your video to be viewed on a particular screen, it has to comply with the required aspect ratio of such a screen. If you are trying to view a video with a different aspect ratio on a device that doesn’t support the aspect ratio, it will either fail to load or display incorrectly. That is why it is important you know the aspect ratio that is optimal for all screen and platforms before you resize your video.
- Picture Quality
This is another important thing to consider when resizing your video. If your video is going to be viewed on a larger screen, then you can’t afford to play with the quality of the video. You can still reduce video quality a bit for social media uploads in order to reduce the amount of data that will be consumed when users watch the uploaded videos online.
- Video Format
This is also essential. Most times when the file format of a video is changed when resizing, it can also alter the picture quality, resolution, sound quality, and aspect ratio. For instance, if your video is in HD and you convert it to 3GP file, it is obviously going to affect the picture quality as well as the sound quality.
So now that you know what to look out for when resizing your video, let’s see how you can resize your video with UniConverter without hassles.
How to Resize Your Video with UniConverter
The Wondershare UniConverter is an all-in-one video editor that has earned huge popularity when it comes to resizing videos. It is very fast and pretty easy to use. Compatible with both Windows and Mac computers and allows you to resize your videos for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social platforms without compromising quality. Now, let’s see how you can use this tool too.
Step #1: Install and Launch the Software
- To download the UniConverter software, visit the official website of Wondershare and download it for free there.
- After downloading, you will need to install it. Installation is very simple and doesn’t require you to be a tech-savvy to do that.
- After installation, launch the software by double-clicking on the icon.
- Once the application opens up, and displays on the screen of your computer, click on the Toolbox tab to select the Video Compress option.
Step #2: Select and Add Videos to Resize
- After clicking on “Video compress”, a new window with a plus icon will appear on the screen.
- Click the + sign to browse and add the video you want to resize from your computer.
Step #3: Choose the Settings to Resize Your Video
- Immediately your video is added, the details of the video will appear on the screen.
- Now, you can adjust the settings to customize it. You can adjust the video resolution, choose a new video format, and customize the video bitrate and quality by gently moving the progress bar.
- Preview the video to see what changes you have made by clicking the Preview button.
Step #4: Quickly Resize Your Video
- After previewing the parameters and sure the quality and sound it is just fine for you and you are satisfied with the results, click the Save File button to choose the location to which you want to save your video.
- Now, go ahead to quickly resize your video by clicking Compress.
Right now, Wondershare is the best software out there when you want to resize videos. It allows you to resize your videos to fit the right aspect ratio for different screens and social platforms. It has an excellent user interface and it’s very fast and reliable. The preview feature allows you to watch your video before finally resizing it. That is one unique feature every user loves about Wondershare UniConverter. You can check out their official website now to download the software and get ready to resize your videos without stress.