Compress any Video free 5 Best Compressors
When dealing with large videos, it becomes necessary to reduce the size when you want to send these videos to someone over the Internet (eg, through WhatsApp). While there are many video compressors you can find on the net, not all are good, and most of all, free. We will be going over 5 free video compressors. But first, we will go through how you can use Wondershare Uniconverter, the best video compressor software, to convert your videos to different formats on your Mac/Windows.
- Part 1: Best Free Video Compressor Software for Mac/Windows
- Part 2: 5 Best Free Video Compressor Software
Part 1: Best Free Video Compressor Software for Mac/Windows
In this first part, we will be looking at Wondershare Uniconverter software, why it is he best compressor software, and how you can use it to convert a video from one format to another on your Mac/Windows.
What is Wondershare Uniconverter?
Wondershare Uniconverter is a free software that allows you to compress, convert, and even edit your videos for free on your Mac/Windows.
Amazing Features of Wondershare Uniconverter
- It has a very user-friendly interface, making it easy for anyone to chart through and perform tasks.
- It has a very high speed of conversion.
- It is compatible with any video format.
- It also has an amazing video editing tool for editing your videos.
- It allows users to download YouTube videos easily and quickly.
There are other amazing Features but we’ll stop there and go over some advantages of using this software. They include;
- Wondershare Uniconverter is completely free to use.
- The video and audio quality of your compressed (or converted) video is retained.
- You can compress the file to a very small size.
- You have a choice of more than 100 file formats. It is compatible with all.
How to use Wondershare Uniconverter to convert your videos.
Just like we mentioned earlier, converting videos using this software is quite easy and straightforward, thanks to its user-friendly interface. It takes just 3 steps to perform this. The steps are as follows;
Step 1. Add the Video Files to coverted.
After you have downloaded and installed the software onto your device, launch the app. From the homepage, you’ll see the option to “Add” video(s). Click on it to select the video(s) you want to convert.
Image Name: compress-any-video-free-5-best-compressors-1.jpg
Image Alt: Wondershare Uniconverter tool 1
Step 2: Set conversion details.
After you have added the video(s), you can see the details of the video from the Source tab. To set the target format, click on the drop-down menu on the Target tab to select the format, resolution, and size of the output video after conversion.
Image Alt: Wondershare Uniconverter tool 2
Step 3: Preview and Convert
When you have set all the information, you can then preview the video to see how it will be after conversion, and begin to convert by clicking on “Convert All” if you are satisfied with the preview. If you are not okay with the preview, you can alter the output settings as mentioned above.
Image Alt: Wondershare Uniconverter tool 3
So, that wraps up the steps. We will now move to the last part of this article where we’ll show you 5 other best video compressors available for you.
Part 2: 5 Best Free Video Compressor Software
We’ll move quickly to these amazing software. But note that our list is not according to any order of preference.
This is another amazing video editing software from Wondershare that allows you to make amazing videos having professional looks. You can edit video and audio, add motion graphics, and video effects to your videos. It has many amazing features.
Image Alt: Filmora Screenshot
- Has over 300 professional graphic effects, filters and transitions for you to Choose from.
- It is very affordable.
- Has an amazing customer service.
- It does not have a video maker app.
- It doesn’t have a touchscreen-friendly interface.
2. Freemake Video Converter
Just like the name, it is a free video converter that you can use to convert videos to a wide variety of formats. It also allows users to trim videos, add subtitles to the videos, and even burn the videos directly to a CD.
Image Alt: Freemake Screenshot
- You can download and Convert online videos.
- It is compatible with modern Windows version.
- It supports a wide range of video formats.
- The last update is since 2017.
- It has a slow conversion speed.
3. VSCD Video Converter
This is a rather light yet powerful video converter. It was developed to primary cater to users who wanted a tool that could convert videos into countless of formats and edit them as well. The simple fact is, VSCD Video Converter boasts an impressive number of features.
Image Alt: AVC Screenshot
- Its main advantage is its capability to support pretty much any media format you can think of, and that includes HD videos.
- It supports a feature called ‘advanced export presets’, which just means you can concurrently select the format and quality of the video you want with little time wasted.
- There is an ‘advanced export preset’ feature that, although useful, might be too complex for average computer users to figure out.
- The sheer number of features means it will take a while to understand all of them and how to use or apply them properly.
4. Any Video Converter
This video converter is available for Mac and Windows users. It allows users to convert videos to the main video formats available. Also, it provides video editing features.
Image Alt: AVC Screenshot
- Ability to merge multiple videos into one video.
- Gives you the choice to select video format according to the device you want to play video in.
- Conversion time is very slow.
- Every time you convert a video, you are offered to purchase Any Video Converter Pro. This is not good.
This software was designed for video conversion and also to compress the videos. It ensures that the files don’t lose the quality of the image and audio.
Image Alt: Handbrake Screenshot
We have seen some of the best software converting videos tiger with their pros and cons. We also introduced Wondershare Uniconverter to you and showed you how to use it for converting videos. You can visit Uniconverter webpage for more advice and guidelines.