This is a step by step guide on how to check if a doctor is registered in Kenya. All medical and dental practitioners working in Kenya must be registered and licensed by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council.
The council keeps a register of all licensed practitioners and health facilities to ensure Kenyans are given quality healthcare by registered and licensed practitioners and health facilities. You can therefore search the council’s register to ensure the person treating you is a genuine medical practitioner.
How To Check If A Doctor Is Registered In Kenya
1. Go to the KMPDC site via https://kmpdc.go.ke/registers-practitioners-php/.
2. Go to the Registered Practitioners’ Register.
3. Expand the page by clicking on the + sign.
4. A page containing the Local Practitioners Register and Foreign Practitioners Register will be displayed. The page also contains a list of all registered health facilities.
5. The Local Practitioners Registers contains a list of;
- Local Licensed Practitioners Master Register
- Medical and Dental Practitioners General Practice Register
- Medical and Dental Practitioners Registrar Register
- Medical and Dental Practitioners Senior Registrar Register
- Medical and Dental Practitioners Specialist Practice Register
- Community Oral Health Officers Internship Register
- Community Oral Health Officers Practice Register
- Medical and Dental Practitioners Internship Register.
6. The Foreign Practitioners Register contains a list of;
- Licensed Temporary Foreign Medical and Dental Practitioners Register
- Licensed Temporary Foreign Medical and Dental Students Register.
7. You can click on each of the registers and view all the licensed practitioners and their qualifications. The status of fully compliant and licensed practitioners will indicate Active.
8. You can also send the names of the doctor to shortcode 20547 to verify his/her registration status.
Any medical practitioner who is not on the council’s register is therefore not fully compliant or licensed to perform medical procedures in the country.
Location: Woodlands Road, Hurlingham, Nairobi.
Contacts: 0727 666 444, 011 105 2222
Email: [email protected]