You’ll need to create an email group using labels in contacts before you can bulkily add a mailing list or email group to your ‘To’ section.
Adding bulk emails to your ‘To’ list is simple when you create a label. In Google Contacts, how do you make a label?
- Go to the Google Contacts app on your phone.
2. Now, as soon as you open your Google Contacts app, perform the following to make it easier and faster for you to add those contacts to your email list.
- A menu will appear; select Customize View from the list.
- Select the type of contacts you’d like to see at the top of your contacts list on the following page. This is a tip to aid in the speedier selection of contacts to whom you send emails regularly.
- Even better, you may leave the default setting (all contacts) and go through the contacts to choose which ones you wish to include on your label.
3. Then, on the top left side, tap on the three horizontal lines to make a label.
4. Click ‘Create Label,’ give it a name, and save it.
5. Return to the All Contacts webpage and pick the contacts you wish to add to your mailing list by tapping and holding on to them.
6. To add the selected contacts to the label you defined in step 4, tap on the three vertical dots once more.
This is how you may use the app to create email groups in Google Contacts.
How To Create Group Emails In Gmail.
- Open your Gmail account in your browser on your PC.
- Select the ‘compose’ symbol from the drop-down menu.
- If you recall the name of the label you made on your contacts, simply type it into the ‘To’ line; if you don’t, click on the ‘To’ and select ‘My Contacts’ from the pop-up box.
- After that, you select the label you’ve established.
- You can now proceed with bulk sending because the label or mailing list must be on the ‘To’ line.
On the app, enter in your label name after tapping on the composer button in Gmail; if it pops up, touch on it and continue with the email composition; if it doesn’t pop up, tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner and select ‘Add From Contacts’ to add your label.
Note: If you’re emailing a group of people who aren’t family, coworkers, or colleagues, it’s best to place the mailing list on the ‘Bcc’ line instead of the ‘To’ line.
This ensures that all receivers confidentially receive the mail, preventing them from seeing each other’s email addresses.
To summarize, you create the mailing list as a label in the contact and then paste it into the ‘To’ or ‘Bcc’ line during email writing. That’s how you make a group email in Gmail. In other words, a Gmail mailing list.