You can dial emergency services on an Android phone without first unlocking it. If you forget your unlock code or pattern, or if you’re too anxious to enter it correctly, this function allows you to contact emergency services swiftly.
Bypass the Lock Screen to Call Emergency Services
If you can’t unlock your phone, here’s how to call emergency services:
- At the bottom of the lock screen, tap Emergency call.
- On the phone dialer that opens, enter your local emergency number (911).
An unauthorized user can use this way to make an emergency call, but they cannot access your personal information.
Enhance the Lock Screen with Emergency Information
Add emergency contacts and health information to the lock screen (such as allergies and other medical conditions):
- Navigate to Settings > Users and accounts.
- Select Emergency Information.
- Enter your medical information as well as emergency contact information.
Emergency responders can see this information, render appropriate care, and call your contacts without unlocking your device.
Google Find My Device can help you protect your Android device.
You may also secure your Android device via Google’s Find My Device, which lets you remotely lock your phone, sign out of your Google account, and do a factory reset.
Find My Device is activated by default when you login into your Google account on an Android phone. Go to Settings > Lock screen & security > Find My Device to confirm that the option is enabled.
Without a Password, Unlock Your Android Phone
You can utilize the Android fingerprint unlock feature, however, after a restart, you must input your password, pattern, or pin code.
On most Android devices, the only alternative way to bypass the lock screen is to reset the device to factory settings.
Samsung Find My Mobile
You can also use Samsung Find My Mobile to remotely lock and unlock your phone. A Samsung account with remote controls enabled is required.
- Select Settings.
- Select security and biometrics.
- Check that the toggle for Find My Mobile is turned on.
- Tap Find My Mobile to customize the options: Remote Unlock, Send Last Location, and Offline Finding.
During setup, Samsung also allows you to create a backup password, pattern, or PIN. Consider adding one, and keep the information in a secure place.