Leaving a group may be seen as being rude, impolite, and inappropriate by others.
A better solution is to simply disable WhatsApp notifications for an extended period. This is the same as leaving the Group because you will no longer be bothered by notifications and will have no idea what is going on in the Group unless you wish to.
How to Disable WhatsApp Notifications on iPhone
To stop WhatsApp notifications on your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- Use your iPhone or iPad to launch WhatsApp.
- Make sure you’re on the Chats screen and then find the WhatsApp Group you wish to leave.
- Swipe left to exit the WhatsApp Group you wish to leave. This will bring up a hidden menu.
- Tap More from the displayed Menu (See image below).
- Then, press the Mute button.
- Choose 1 Year from the three Mute Period options.
This way, you won’t be bothered by Group Notifications for a long time, and no one in the Group will know you’ve left.
How to Disable WhatsApp Notifications on an Android Phone
To turn off or stop WhatsApp Group notifications on your Android phone or tablet, follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp on your Android device.
- Tap the WhatsApp Group you wish to leave.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the WhatsApp Group window.
- Select Mute from the drop-down option.
- Uncheck Show Notifications and choose 1 Year from the list of possibilities on the following screen.
- To disable notifications for a year, select OK.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group Messages from an iPhone
You may want to erase all Group Messages, photographs, videos, and data that are taking up important storage space on your phone now that you are no longer interested in the Group activities.
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch WhatsApp.
- Locate the WhatsApp Group from which you wish to delete the messages and data on the Chats page.
- Now, swipe left on the WhatsApp group from which you wish to remove the data.
- There are now two options: More and Archive. Select More.
- Then, select the Clear Chat option.
- A pop-up option will appear; select Clear Chat.
This will remove all of your WhatsApp group-related chats, messages, videos, and data.
Android Delete WhatsApp Group Messages and Data
- Tap on the WhatsApp Group from which you want to erase data.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner of your screen to open the Group window.
- Tap More from the dropdown menu.
- Select Clear Chat.
- Select All Messages from the list in the pop-up and hit Clear.