DStv Premium customers in South Africa will now get Showmax, worth R99 per month, at no charge in addition to their local and international content first already on DStv.
The deal will also see them get boxsets of previous seasons from Showmax plus Showmax’s current catalogue of more than 25 000 TV show episodes and movies via the DStv Explora decoder, DStv Premium customers will also be able to access Showmax via the DStv Now app, as well as their PC, laptop, mobile device, media player or smart TV.
“More and more customers are telling us they love to binge-watch boxsets on DStv Catch Up and Showmax. It’s the way the world is moving and that’s why we’re offering all our Premium customers Showmax, so they can enjoy this exceptional experience,” said Mark Rayner, CEO of MultiChoice South Africa.
There’s no impact on Showmax’s operations other than we a healthy increase in its customer base. The Showmax subscription gives customers access to two concurrent streams on different devices, so parents can watch their shows on the big screen while the kids watch cartoons on their tablet. Showmax also gives customers the option to download up to 25 TV shows and movies to their smartphone or tablet for viewing later. It’s perfect for long road trips and flights.
To make accessing Showmax hassle-free, a link has been added to the DStv Now app. Premium customers can use up to four mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to access the DStv Now app.
How to add Showmax to your DStv account
- Go to showmax.com and sign in or sign up to Showmax
- Go to Manage Account and click on Manage Subscription
- Select “DStv add to account” as your payment method.
- Sign in with your DStv login details (Connect ID) and accept the terms and conditions.
- Add Showmax to your DStv account.
- Start watching your favourite shows right now at showmax.com, through your connected Explora or using the Showmax app on phones and tablets!