HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has announced the availability of Nokia 8 in Kenya at Ksh 59,999.
Nokia 8 is available in Tempered Blue and Steel and comes has Qualcomm® Quick ChargeTM 3.0 for quick charging. The phone has a Snapdragon 835 processor and is secured with biometric fingerprint authentication.
The 4G LTE phone is available in Single SIM and Dual SIM and runs on Android Nougat 7.1.1. The phone is powered by a Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile chipset and has a 4GB RAM and 64GB internal memory with external MicroSD card slot (support up to 256 GB). The phone has a 3090 mAh battery and weighs just 160g.
Nokia 8 has ZEISS optics and has a world-first in enabling Dual-Sight video to be livestreamed natively and in real-time to social feeds such as Facebook and YouTube. Dual-Sight simultaneously harnesses both the front and rear cameras in a split screen visual for both photos and videos. The Nokia OZO Audio brings a fully immersive audio experience to your 4K video.
4.6mm thin at the edge and just 7.3mm slim on average, Nokia 8’s seamless unibody is precision milled from a single block of 6000 series aluminium and its pure design has been refined through a 40-stage process of machining, anodizing and polishing. Select models feature a high-gloss mirror finish that has taken over 20 hours to complete to achieve a flawless look.
Featuring OZO Audio, Nokia 8 combines three microphones with exclusive Nokia acoustic algorithms to capture audio with immersive 360° spatial surround sound. Share your 4K videos with OZO Audio anywhere – binaural codecs enable high fidelity playback even on devices without OZO Audio.
Powered by the Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform, Nokia 8 doesn’t compromise on performance. The Nokia 8 have been co-developed with ZEISS optics for an optimum all round experience.
Key specs for Nokia 8
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- LTE:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- Network speed: LTE Cat. 9, 3CA, 450Mbps DL/50Mbps UL
- Available in Single SIM and Dual SIM
- OS: Android Nougat 7.1.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile Platform
- MSM8998 (4* 2.45GHz Qualcomm® Kryo™ + 4* 1.8GHz Kryo)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB internal memory with external MicroSD card slot (support up to 256 GB)
- Form factor: Splashproof IP54 touch monoblock with capacitive system keys
- Display: 5.3” IPS LCD QHD 2560 x 1440, 700nts screen brightness, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5, 2.5D Glass
- Camera with ZEISS optics:
- Primary camera: 13MP (Colour + OIS) + 13MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- Front facing camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash
- Battery: Integrated 3090 mAh battery with Qualcomm® Quick Charge™ 3.0 compatible (18W, 5V/2.5A, 9V/2A, 12V/1.5A)
- Dimensions: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm (camera bump 0.4mm)
- Weight: 160g
You might also like
More from Mobile
Huawei overtook Apple in second quarter of 2018 to become number two smartphone vendor globally for the first time, just …
Samsung and Xiaomi each shipped 9.9 million smartphones to India last quarter. This is the best quarter either vendor has …
HUAWEI has introduced a new phone under its Y series in Kenya. The HUAWEI Y5 Prime 2018 will be retailing …
Pop-up cameras will be the next big thing in smartphone. After the announcement of the Vivo Nex, we’ve got another …
A brokerage account is your license to invest in a portfolio of stocks through an online trading platform and allows …
Equity Bank’s EazzyBanking App is now available in Chinese Mandarin following a recent upgrade that will allow the growing number …