Through the SIP 2017/2018 Fellowship programme, LEAP Africa and Union Bank have partnered to strengthen and advance youth-led change initiatives and entrepreneurship in Nigeria with the aim of enhancing the sustainability and overall impact of these change initiatives.
The Fellowship seeks to attract young Nigerians aged 18 – 35 with innovative ideas capable of transforming local communities on different scales and in diverse focus areas such as health, environment, education and agriculture. The social initiatives must be creative and innovative with high socio-economic impact.
Following a short listing process, 20 candidates will be selected into the programme. These shortlisted participants will be inducted into the Fellowship at the 2017 SIP Awards. Fellows receive adequate mentoring and coaching support to facilitate desired expansion of the innovative ideas.
They will be entitled to immense benefits including access to professional advisory from A-list consultants, investors and professionals that will help Fellows create profitable and sustainable enterprises.
Outstanding Fellows have an opportunity to win #1,000,000 (One Million Naira) for their enterprise at the Social Innovators Programme and Awards in 2018.
- Youth between 18 and 35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
- Applicants must be Initiators/ Co-founders of the named project/venture/enterprise/ Foundation.
- Social enterprise must have significant and measurable contribution to the society.
- Social enterprise must be located in Nigeria.
- Applicants must be able to show proof of work done and impact made for a period of up to 12 months prior to application.
- Applicants must be available to attend and participate in the Fellowship.
- Visit website for more about SIPA Fellowship
- Submit your application for SIPA Fellowship here
- Application portal is open till July 16, 2017.