The Nairobi Innovation Week has partnered with the African Development Bank to run a joint startup challenge that will focus on the Bank’s High 5 priorities.
The competition is dubbed High 5s Startup Challenge. The 5 thematic areas of focus are;
- Light up and power Africa
- Feed Africa
- Industrialize Africa
- Integrate Africa
- Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa.
Any startup from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi and Ethiopia is eligible to apply. The startup should however focus on at least one of the 5 thematic areas of the banks five priorities. Startups with an inclination towards energy production and distribution are encouraged to apply since they focus on the High 5s. Startups in sustainable food production and agri-business fall under Feed Africa pillar with others in industrialization and mobility of people falling under Industrialize and Integrate Africa respectively. Lastly, startups that empower the community will fall under the Improve the quality of life for the people of Africa pillar.
The top 5 startups will be awarded with a cash prize of upto USD 1000. In addition;
- Travel costs to attend the NIW 2018 (a round trip economy class ticket) and accommodation if coming from outside Kenya will be catered for.
- A placard in recognition of the innovation will be awarded.
- Opportunity to exhibit the innovation at the NIW2018 at the exhibition booths.
- Opportunity to meet and interact with the Director General AfDB, East Africa Regional Development and business-orientedness Delivery Office.
To learn more visit http://afdb.niw.co.ke/
More from Tech
The Permanent Secretary for ICT, Mr. Jerome Ochieng, and the Ag. CEO of ICT Authority, John Sergon, EBS, today presided …
The American University in Cairo & banking software firm Temenos partner to accelerate fintech startups in Egypt
The Venture lab at The American University in Cairo, the university-based startup accelerator in the MENA region, and Temenos, the …
On 24th August 2018, 10 of Uganda’s best seed-stage startups will compete to represent the country at the Seedstars Summit …
Bosch Home Appliances has launched its first exclusive showroom in Nairobi, Kenya at The Oval House, Westlands as an exciting experiential …
She started off as a stay-at-home mother when she realized that there was a need for trained house helps. Evelyn Kihia …
There have been many apps suited for the general global market but not for the Kenyan market. Kenyan women are forced …