Google Assistant is a handy companion on your Android smartphone or tablet. Even if you can use Google Assistant from the lock screen, you will not be able to access certain features. You cannot access things like contacts, calendars or reminders without unlocking your phone.
- Unlock your Android smartphone and open your Google Assistant.
- To launch Google Assistant, either say ‘Okay, Google’ or use the key combination to open it.
- When the Google Assistant pops up, tap the snapshot icon in the bottom left corner.
- This will take you to the Google Assistant main page. Click the profile picture icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click the ‘Personalization’ option.
- Enable ‘Personal Results’ and ‘Lock Screen Personal Results’
You can still use Google Assistant from the lock screen without enabling the two options set out in Step 5. However, you’re not going to be able to use Personal Results. You need to enable both options to use personal results, such as email, calendar, etc.