Are you looking for a way of getting your favorite apps and games on your computer? With a free, powerful Android emulator called Nox Player, you can play PuBG, Fortnite, and other popular games on your Mac and PC. Here’s how.
How to Download Nox Player
- Download Nox Player Emulator onto your Mac or PC, using the official link
- Click on the download and follow the on-screen instructions to let it install
- A Terms and Conditions page will appear; click Agree
- Choose online installation or offline – offline will take about 15 minutes
- Wait for Nox Player to appear on your desktop, and the installation is done
How to Use Nox Player Emulator:
- Open Nox Player and leave it while it sets up, maybe several minutes
- When the Nox home screen loads, you will see some apps are already installed, including the Play Store
- Click on the Play Store and either sign in with your existing account or click on the option to create a new account
- Follow the directions on the screen to complete the setup or skip it and go straight to the home screen
- You will see new options on the right side of the Nox Player screen when the installation is done, such as File Transfers, APK Downloads, and more
Be aware that, although you can use games and apps from the Play Store, if they are paid apps, you will still need to pay for them.
Nox Player Features:
Nox Player offers some useful features:
- Fast – Nox Player is one of the fastest emulators ever released
- Smooth – plenty of options to customize your performance settings, including choosing how many CPUs and how much RAM to use
- External Controller Compatibility – supports most third-party controllers
- Emulation – emulates your Android device, including phone number, model, IMEI, and more
- Root Access – rooted out of the box with Superuser, so you can access your PC files
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most common questions about Nox Player
What is Nox Player?
It is one of the lightest yet most powerful Android emulators for the PC or Mac, allowing you to use Android apps and games on your desktop.
How Safe is Nox Player?
Nox Player is one of the safest emulators to use and has passed tests on all the biggest and most reputable antivirus and antimalware platforms.
Is it Free?
Yes, it is 100% free to use. However, if you download paid apps and games via the Play Store, you will still need to pay for them.
How Do Nox Player and BlueStacks Compare?
Both are very good emulators, but Nox Player is just that bit better:
- BlueStacks may be bigger, but Nox Player offers better performance
- BlueStacks is harder to root than Nox Player
- BlueStacks scores high on benchmark tests but so does Nox. And Nox is much lighter and more powerful, using far fewer system resources.
How Can I Add a Game Controller to Nox Emulator?
- Open Nox Player
- Plug your controller into your computer with the correct cable
- You will see the controller icon appear at the top of the screen once the connection is successful
- Tap on the Nox icon, and the Settings option should opens
- Make the changes you want and save them
- Your controller is now ready to use with Nox Player
Fix Error 1020/1008 – Virtual Machine Failed to Start?
- Reboot your computer
- Close your antivirus and firewall down temporarily
- Right-click the Nox Player icon
- Choose Open File Location from the drop-down menu
- Click Nox, and the Nox file folder opens
- Click the noxvm folder and then right-click on the file called NOXVM
- Click on Run as Administrator
- The error should disappear.
And Error 1005 – Outdated Graphics Card?
- Click on the Multiplayer option and choose Rendering Mode
- Set it as OpenGL or DX and reboot Nox
- Try again – if the error message persists, try updating the drivers for your graphics card
- If that doesn’t sort the problem out, your card isn’t compatible with Nox Player and will need upgrading.
How Do I resolve Error 1006 – Nox Needs to Reboot
This error normally appears when your version of Nox Player is out of date. Open the official Nox Player website and download the newest version – that should clear the error. If you already have the latest version, follow the guide above to change your rendering mode.
Nox Player is an excellent Android emulator, free to use, and incredibly powerful. It doesn’t use all your system resources and is one of the easiest emulators to use. Try it today and experience your Android apps and games using all your computer resources – a bigger screen, better processors, more RAM and memory, and so on – and an alternative to your desktop OS app store.