Cellulant is a major Pan African payments company that offers global, regional, and local merchants locally relevant and alternative payment options.
Cellulant is a single API payment platform that allows businesses to accept payments both online and offline, allowing customers to pay with their mobile money, local and foreign cards, or directly from their bank account.
Here are some of the features of cellulant:
- Comprehensive acceptance of local payment methods and payouts
- Extensive reach and capabilities across both the online and offline payments market
- Seamless provision of a complementary product suite for businesses and banks
- Deep partnerships with banks
The one online platform/API allows businesses to accept payments from 257 different methods in 35 different marketplaces, as well as make payouts and cross-border transactions.
- Proximity pay
Consumers’ payments can be collected in-store or at the time of delivery.
- Bill pay /Pay-by-link
Payments can be made via mobile money, a bank account, or a credit card.
Online payment gateway
- Payment Page For businesses that do not have a website or an app, there is an online payment page.
Cellulant’s co-founders met and scribbled the initial concept of Cellulant on a napkin. The services reached Ghana with Spacefon. Cellulant launched a ringtone service in Kenya
and reached 8 million customers with a joint venture with Nation Africa for Nation Mobile.