Working for the government or any other public organization is a dream come true for any job seeker in Kenya. You obtain greater allowances, benefits, and work hours that are more flexible. But applying for such jobs is never easy. It’s a time-consuming process with a limited amount of openings. When it comes to applying for positions with the Public Service Commission, there are no shortcuts.
Here is a simple procedure that you can follow if you are interested in applying for your preferred position in the Public Service Commission:
For Those Interested in Applying Online for Positions
- The commission advises that the applicant uses the version of Mozilla Firefox as the preferred internet browser.
- The next step is to register for an account on the commission’s website, publicservice.go.ke. To do so, provide your ID number or passport number, your email address, and a password.
- Log in to the system with your Id number/Passport number and the password you created when creating an account.
- Make sure that all of the information about your qualifications, experiences, registration, other courses, and referees is complete.
- Only fully completed submissions with accurate information will be evaluated.
- Candidates are urged to print and save a copy of the application summary and click on the application menu after submitting a successful application.
- Because this is a government post, candidates should avoid providing any erroneous or misleading information, as this could result in prosecution.
For Candidates Applying by Filling the Application Form
- Candidates who want to apply for positions via this approach should go to publicservice.go.ke.and click on the PSC forms area.
- The next step is to open the job application form and fill it out with accurate and complete information.
- Candidates should keep in mind that they should not attach any documents to the application form. This is because the form must contain all of the information required in the advertisement.
- In terms of honesty, candidates who choose to fill out the PSC 2 form must act with integrity, as dishonesty will result in automatic disqualification.
- During the interview, shortlisted candidates will be asked to present originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, and transcripts.
You can send the form via postal service after you’ve completed it. Send it to:
Public Service Commission
PO BOX 30095-00100
Copies of certificates and testimonials should not be attached to the form.
During the application process, make sure you give accurate information. In areas of concern, consult as much as possible.