A few weeks ago, Carl Pei and his New team @ the Nothing Brand Rolled out the much-anticipated smartphones after months of leaks and teasing. The Nothing phone (1) can now be directly accessed from various markets.
The model reflects what a premium flagship smartphone is designed to do at a much lower budget. However, a few days after its launch majority of the users who have managed to have their hands on the gadget have reported faults and issues of various stripes
Some users have mentioned issues relating to Bluetooth, while others have even said a dead pixel on the screen just above the camera, which is much more unpleasant. The manufacturer should soon provide remedies to consumers experiencing hardware issues and has started to respond by rolling out an update to fix specific software issues.
As promised, the XDA Developers media has released the complete list of modifications made by Nothing OS’s 1.1.0 update:
- Presentation of the experimental NFT Gallery widget
- Introduction of the practical Tesla control function;
- On the home screen, the search bar is now optional.
- Glyph accent light is accessible in Portrait mode
- clarity and noise reduction while shooting pictures in dimly lit areas
- enhanced dynamic range while capturing photographs in dimly lit areas
- clearer pictures with the ultra-wide camera
- using both primary and ultra-wide sensors, improved color constancy.
- Fixed a lock screen bug that would sometimes hide the fingerprint icon ;
- Improved the reliability of the Glyph interface ;
- Optimizations of the battery life when the device is in standby mode.
- Improved facial unlock performance ;
Let’s hope that the issues brought up by the Nothing Phone’s first purchasers will soon be nothing more than the past.