For the FaceTime app for iPhones and iPads running at least iOS 17 and iPadOS 17, respectively, follow the instructions on this page.
How to Leave a Voicemail on FaceTime
It’s no different than leaving any other message to leave a FaceTime voicemail.
- Select New FaceTime when the FaceTime app is open on your iPhone or iPad.
As an alternative, you can launch a FaceTime video or audio call by tapping the FaceTime camera icon while in a Messages app chat.
- Enter the contact you wish to call, then choose FaceTime.
- Your device’s camera should turn on and the FaceTime video call should begin.
- The call will cease and you’ll get a fresh screen if your contact doesn’t respond after roughly 30 seconds. Choosing Record Video.
If your contact manually declines your FaceTime call, you will also have the opportunity to record a video.
- The recording of the video message will start right away. To end the recording, click the red Stop icon.
To switch between the front- and rear-facing cameras, choose the camera icon in the lower-right portion of the screen.
- To watch the video message you just created, click Play. To record a new video, choose Retake. Choose the green arrow symbol when you’re prepared to send the FaceTime voicemail video message.
To save a copy of your video message to your device, choose Save in the top-right corner.
Try shooting a video with the Camera app and sending it through Messages or another messaging app if you are unable to record a video message in FaceTime. Many messaging apps come with the ability to record videos already built in.