Thanks to Sigourney Weaver in Alien, and then Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2: Judgment Day — there are more women in movies than ever who can handle a fight as good, if not better, as most men.
So here’s my pick of the best 9 female kick ass movie characters, enjoy
1. Milla Jovovich as Alice in Resident Evil Alice in the Resident Evil series is a whole new kind of awesome. With the world on the verge of complete destruction, there is no one else we want extolling the justice.
2. Chloe Moretz as Hit Girl in Kick Ass Hit Girl hits hard and she's only a teenager! Can you imagine the supremely bad ass movie heroine she'll be as she grows up?!
3. Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss in The Hunger Games There is no one better with a bow and arrow in movie history than Katniss in The Hunger Games. And there's a reason she won those Hunger Games... she's also cunning.
4. Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator 2: Judgment Day found Linda Hamilton going from wallflower in The Terminator to wickedly good at kicking butt.
5. Sofia Vergara as Desdemona in Machete Kills Sofia Vergara was the best part of Machete Kills! That double-barreled machine gun bra is hard to beat in female movie bad-ass-dom.
6. Uma Thurman as The Bride in Kill Bill Sure, the title told us that Uma Thurman's bride would eventually Kill Bill. But what made her so kick ass is everything she did leading up to that fateful moment.
7. Carrie-Ann Moss as Trinity in The Matrix Not only did she know Neo was "The One" before we did, the extent of her bad-ass-ery knew no bounds.
8. Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow in Avengers Universe Black Widow is not someone you want to piss off. And in the hands of Scarlett Johansson, she's as vicious as she is vivacious.
9. Angelina Jolie as Mrs. Smith in Mr. & Mr. Smith Sure, she kicked butt in Tomb Raider and Wanted. But, we'll take Jolie's assassin in Mr. and Mrs. Smith any day.
So did I miss out on any awesome kick ass characters, hit back at me if so….