Bluetooth accessories often have long and complex default names that are hard to track. Luckily, on your Mac, you have the option to rename a Bluetooth device to whatever you want—even an emoji. Here’s how it is:
- Click the Apple logo on the top left corner of your Mac screen.
- And then choose “System Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Head to the “Bluetooth” settings.
- You can only edit the names of Bluetooth accessories that are currently connected to your Mac.
- Once the wireless device is connected, right-click on its existing title from the paired accessories list and select the “Rename” option.
- To save a new name, click the “Rename” button. This update will not be reflected immediately in the quick settings available in the menu bar. You’re going to have to reboot your Mac for that.
You can perform this process to update any Bluetooth device name on your Mac, including wireless keyboards, mice, headphones, and more.