If you have a portable device, such as a laptop or a tablet, you can decide how the screen acts while on the battery or plugged in. Desktops only have the option to plug in. The timeout duration of the screen can range from two minutes to five hours. Here’s how to stop your Windows 10 screen from turning off. Here’s how to stop your Windows 10 screen from turning off.
- To open the Settings, click the Start menu and select the gear icon.
- From the Settings window, select “System.”
- From the sidebar, select “Power & Sleep.”
- You’ll see a drop-down for “When Plugged In” under both “Screen” and “Sleep.”
- Select a drop-down under “Screen” when the screen is turned off.
- To prevent Windows from turning off your display, select “Never” from the menu.
- That’s it.
This feature is very useful to increase the battery life of the device, and to some extent, it even prolongs the screen life. Not every person likes this feature, however. Many people prefer to keep the screen from turning off, whether they are actively using their computer or not.