How to filter Google Images Search Results by Color
Google Image Search is a powerful web-based image search tool. While millions use the service every day, few may realize that you can use Google’s own tools to narrow your search results by color.
Here’s how to do that:
- Launch your favorite browser and go to google.com/images
- Type your search, then hit enter.
- Click the “Tools” button in the toolbar just below the search area near the top of the page when you see the results.
- A small toolbar will appear below that. Press the “Color” menu, then choose a color square.
- You could also choose “Black and White” for black and white photos, or “Transparent” to find pictures with transparent backgrounds.
- Example, by clicking on the blue-colored square, we chose blue.
- The search results will be updated automatically to represent the color you picked.
- If you’d like to alter the color criteria, pick another color from the “Color” menu. To clear the full color search, select “Any color” from the “Color” menu.