On Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android, you can easily access Facebook.
How to Turn Off Facebook Friend Suggestions
If we want to keep our Facebook private. One of the most important things to remember is to be cautious about who we add to our account, especially since they will be able to see what we publish, our photos, and so on. As a result, it is best to disable the friend suggestion and, if we want to add someone, search for them manually.
If you have a low number of Facebook friends, you will be prompted to add people you may not know, thanks to Facebook’s friend suggestions feature. Here’s what you’ll need to do if you want to disable these suggestions.
How to disable Facebook Friend Suggestions on PC and Mac
- Log in to Facebook with your account.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on the arrow pointing down.
- Navigate to the left sidebar and select “Notifications.”
- Select the “People You Might Know” section.
- You will be able to disable Facebook friend suggestions here.
- You have several options, including only sending mobile notifications (Push) via email or SMS. If you don’t want any, simply uncheck the box at the top that says “Allow notifications on Facebook.”
- Both on the mobile device and in the application, Facebook will no longer suggest other accounts to add as friends. To add someone, we will have to manually search for and add them.
On iPhone and Android, disable friend suggestions.
- launch the app on our device
- Click on the icon with three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You must select “Settings and privacy” and then “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll scroll down till you reach the “Notifications” section, where you’ll need to select the “Notification settings” option.
- Look for the section titled “People You Might Know.”
- Choose whether to disable suggestion notifications from specific friends via push, email, or text messages. You can also completely disable them by unchecking the box next to “Allow notifications on Facebook.”
- After selecting the desired configuration, a pop-up message will appear asking you to confirm the change, and that’s all there is to it. You have already deactivated your friends’ Facebook suggestions in this simple manner.
Try this method to see if you no longer receive friend suggestions, and let us know in the comments.